April 2019 Seminar
Wednesday, April 3, 2019
When Your Counterparty Files For Bankruptcy: Practical Creditor Strategies
Followed by Cocktails and Hors D'oeuvres
Seminar Presented by:
Mark W. Powers, Partner Jacen Dinoff, CEO
Bowditch & Dewey, LLP KCP Advisory Group, LLC
Most economists believe that we are in the late stages of the present economic cycle, and predict that a recession will occur within the next two years, if not sooner. This presentation identifies the legal issues and financial challenges that arise when your counterparty files for bankruptcy, and suggests practical strategies to help you accomplish your business goals. The presenters will review a range of issues that creditors need to identify and respond to when their counterparty files for bankruptcy. Topics covered will include:
• The Bankruptcy Code – an overview;
• Bankruptcy Issues that Every Party Needs to Know;
• The Evolution of the Chapter 11 Process Since the Last Financial Downturn, Timing Issues and Due Process;
• Suggested Strategies for Creditors (Licensees of Intellectual Property, Vendors, Lenders, and Landlords) When Their Counterparty Files For Bankruptcy; and
• Preference Litigation – What To Do If You Are Sued by a Bankruptcy Trustee.
The presenters have substantial experience in Chapter 11 cases in a range of industries, including healthcare, retail, technology, and energy. They will share their experiences and “war stories” of pitfalls to avoid and strategies to pursue to accomplish your goals and maximize your recovery.
The Westin Waltham Boston, 70 Third Avenue, Waltham, Massachusetts, (781) 290-5600
Seminar: 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Cocktail Social: 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
This event generously sponsored by Bowditch & Dewey, LLP
NECCA, P. O. Box 610403, Newton Highlands, MA 02461
Telephone: (617) 965-0003 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.necca.com